This discipleship training will be a one-year path to maturity in Christ and church planting. There will be 52 lessons, one per week.
Here’s a sample of some of the early lessons:
- Jesus Journey to the Cross (salvation) Response: Salvation and assurance of salvation.
- Jesus Journey to the Jordan (baptism) Response: Baptist
- Jesus Journey to a Mountainside (mentoring Mark 3:13-14) Response: Commitment to being mentored and eventually to mentoring others.
Lessons later in the one-year discipleship training will cover deeper issues such as:
- Journey to Spiritual Fulfillment (spiritual gifts 1 Corinthians 12) Response: Commitment to find and develop spiritual gifts.
- Journey to Leadership (1 Timothy 3 & Titus 1) Response: Commitment to meet the qualifications of biblical leadership.
- Journey to Eating Spiritual Meat (1 Corinthians 3:2) Response: Commitment to learning and applying the whole counsel of God.
Studies to be developed can be used for individual, group or one-on-one study.
Lessons will be available both online and in reproducible format.
At the end of the year’s lessons disciples will:
- Have learned about basic and advanced spiritual disciplines.
- Have practiced or made written commitments to practice basic and advanced spiritual disciplines corresponding to each of the 52 lessons.
- Have learned the whys and some "how-to’s” of church planting.
- Have been challenged to pursue further church planting training and help plant a church.
- Have journeyed with Jesus to a depth often not known even after decades.
- Have been challenged to disciple others through this journey.